September is Suicide Awareness Month
According to the CDC:
· Each year more than 41,000 individuals die by suicide
· Suicide is the tenth leading cause of death among adults in the U.S.
· It is the second leading cause of death among people aged 10-24.
· Suicide numbers are increasing. Suicide rates increased from 1999 through 2014 for both males and females and for all ages 10–74.
· If you or someone you know is in an emergency, call 911 immediately.
· If you are in crisis or are experiencing difficult or suicidal thoughts, call the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273 TALK (8255).
Remember, we can all benefit from honest conversations about mental health conditions and suicide. One conversation can change a life.